American Vogue August 1,1959. Cover photo by John Rawlings.
Suit to launch on autumn, brilliantly - stone-grey wool doeskin, lighted from within by a bright pink wool jersey shirt, waist-tied. Suit by Larry Aldrich. Rings, earrings, and drop-leaf pins,from Van Cleef & Arpels. Makeup by Helena Rubinstein.
69. Vogue's eye view of 5 W's and an H
70. What to wear when...
71. Ten pages of new fashion answers to situation dressing
84. When to wear white...late day
86. College clothes plan when it's a school for men too
100. Vogue Printed Patterns: key clothes for autumn
102. Fake furs at good-buy prices
104. August suit signals
106. August dress signals
110. College clothes plan when it's girls' school
120. Back-to-school clothes for the young - sizes 7 to 14
124. Collector's shoes from Europe and America
Summary: hat by Adolfo of Emme,Max Factor, Lilly Dache, Verdura pin and ring, Trifari "pearl" earrings, diamonds from Harry Winston, Mollie Parnis,Jewels by Schlumberger of Tiffany
FEATURES - ARTICLES - PEOPLE
28. "The Home Secretary." By Elaine M. Graf
65. The Mountain without Women: Mount Athos." by Lanfranco Rasponi
80. People Are Talking About
81. Joseph Kessel
82. "Notes on the Cuff of a Wash-and-wear Shirt Worn Round the World."
By Horace and patricia Sutton
194. "Steichen's Eye: A study of the greatest living photographer."
by Alexander Liberman.
Captain Steichen chooses, for these five pages, five of his best
photgraphs fro 1905 to 1959 - two of them never published before.
108. Colonel Serge Obolensky: His System for Staying Fit
114. "Dublin's Horse Show Week." By Loard Kilbracken.
Drawings by Rene Bouche for Vogue
118. Mrs. John R. Drexel III and Daughter Pamela
136. Gossipy Memo on Travel
FASHIONS IN LIVING
123. Mr. Balet rebuilds his dream house.
132. Woman with a plan: four help-less young hostesses
135. The young silver choices
138. Recipes from help-less hostesses
Illustrations/Drawings: Rene Bouche, Jan Balet
Photographers: John Rawlings, Henry Clarke, Karen Radkai, Irving Penn, Schatzberg, Horst, Kazan, Cecil Beaton, Frances McLaughlin-Gill, Attie,
Surface rubbing on covers.
We ship worldwide.
- Free shipping on orders over $150 to Canada & US!
- 50% off shipping on orders over $150 to International Countries!